Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beginnings Part II


I remember a time when I would get home from work and say to my cute wife, “what should we do tonight?” We would discuss all of our options of which there were many. Usually we would end up eating out at some restaurant and maybe even seeing a movie. Sometimes it felt like it took quite a bit of effort to fill the time. Those were the days...

Now, it would be a treat to be able to find time to take my wife out on a date. Its hard to find someone daring enough to watch my three energetic children long enough for a proper marital outing. Being a parent takes a lot of effort and time. Don't get me wrong, I love being a dad. To me its the greatest thing I can do. Having said that, there are many ways to go about being a good father. Luckily for me I've had some good resources at my disposal in supporting me as a parent. One of them being my cool brother who shares a similar situation. Like him, I'm at home while my better half brings home the bacon. I am lucky to have Brett as a support.

You see, there was a time while my wife and I were in the midst of making our three children that I was the one bringing in the bacon. We soon found out that babies cost money. At least more money than we had. The natural way to fix this issue is for both parents to work. People do this all the time. The problem my wife and I have with this arrangement is that we don't want someone else raising our children. We made a choice to reduce our income and keep a parent home with the children. This involved evaluating my wife and me as potential earners. On paper with the consideration of benefits my wife was the logical choice. So, I swallowed my pride, put on an apron and began being a real man. Mr.Dad is going to be a great way for me to vent, and learn some things at the same time.

-Brother Jared

1 comment:

  1. JP, I love you so much! Parenting is definitely a challenge and it definitely takes two to do it well. You are absolutely amazing! I know how hard it is to be home take in and day out! You have sacrificed so much for the family and keeping your business small because you have put family first. Your continual love and support has helped me endure my crazy schedule and in my effort to get my masters degree. I am honored to be your wife!

    -Jill

    ReplyDelete